* ERO E/P 35/1, c. 1869, ST. LEONARD'S CHURCH OF ENGLAND (FORMERLY NATIONAL) SCHOOL, COLCHESTER, Plans, block, elevations and sections, by Architect: G. SWANSBOROUGH
[JB] Former school and teacher's house, now private housing, by E. Swansborough, 1869. Red brick with stone dressings. Former schoolroom at south end with large arched windows.
Built as St Leonard's National School under the auspices of the Church of St Leonard-at-the-Hythe. Of architectural and historical interest. Plans in Essex Record Office (E/P 35); see also VCH Essex, IX (1994), p, 356. [JB]