Biography at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Blomfield -
'... The fourth son of Charles James Blomfield, an Anglican Bishop of London helpfully began a programme of new church construction in the capital. Born in Fulham Palace, Arthur Blomfield was educated at Rugby and Trinity College, Cambridge. He was then articled as an architect to Philip Charles Hardwick, and subsequently obtained a large practice on his own account. The young Thomas Hardy joined Blomfield's practice as assistant architect in April 1862, and the writer remained friends with Blomfield. He became president of the Architectural Association in 1861; a fellow Royal Institute of British Architects in1867 (proposed by George Gilbert Scott, H Brandon and J P Seddon); and vice-president of the RIBA in 1886. In 1889, he was knighted. He was awarded the Royal Gold Medal in 1891.
He was twice married. His second wife was Lady Blomfield a noted author and humanitarian. He had two sons, Charles J. Blomfield and Arthur Conran Blomfield, who he brought up to his own profession, of which they became distinguished representatives. His nephew, Sir Reginald Blomfield, apprenticed under him, and went on to design numerous buildings, public works, and sculpture, including the Cross of Sacrifice or War Cross, for the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. These are in Commonwealth cemeteries in many countries.
The Royal College of Music was designed by Sir Arthur Blomfield.
St.Peter's in Eastgate. A replacement for a medieval church, St.Peter's is the combined work of three eminent architects - nave & chancel by Sir Arthur Blomfield (1870), south aisle by Temple Moore (1914) and the chancel decoration by George Frederick Bodley (1884).
In 1882 Blomfield designed the Royal College of Music in London. In 1887 he became architect to the Bank of England and, in association with A. E. Street, designed the Law courts Branch in Fleet Street. A. E. Street was the son of the architect G.E. Street.
In 1890-7 he rebuilt the nave of St. Saviour's parish church, Southwark (now Southwark Cathedral), replacing an earlier reconstruction of 1839-40. It is a notable example of his use of a Gothic Revival style. He was highly regarded as a restorer; a spokesman for the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings said of his 1898 restoration of Salisbury Cathedral spire "conducted in the most conservative way possible... I am confident that anyone who had been privileged to see the work that is being done... would not withhold his subscriptions even though he was as ardent an anti-restorer as your obedient servant."
In 1899 he completed St. George's Anglican Cathedral in Georgetown, Guyana, which was the tallest wooden church in the world until 2003 when the Peri Monastery near Săpânţa in northern Romania was completed.
Other works (in chronological order)
All Saints' parish church, Windsor, Berkshire, 1862-64
St. Luke's chapel at the former Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, 1864
St. Mary's parish church, Banbury, Oxfordshire: restoration 1864
Dartford Grammar School, Kent, 1864
St. Mary's parish church, Adwell, Oxfordshire, 1865
St. Mark's parish church, Binfield, Berkshire, 1866
St. John the Baptist parish church, Eton Wick, Buckinghamshire, 1867-69
St. Saviour's parish church, Eddington, Berkshire, 1868
St. Barnabas parish church, Jericho, Oxford, 1869
St. Saviour's parish church, Oxford Street, London 1870-73
St. Nicholas Church, Chawton 1872/3
St. James' parish church, Ramsden, Oxfordshire, 1872
St. Andrew's parish church, Surbiton, Surrey 1872
St. John the Baptist parish church, Crowthorne, Berkshire, 1873
Holy Innocents parish church, High Beach, Essex, 1873
St. Michael's parish church, Hughenden, Buckinghamshire, 1874-90
Holy Trinity Church, Privett, 1876-78
Haileybury and Imperial Service College Chapel, 1877
All Saints parish church, Roffey, West Sussex, 1878
St. Mary Magdalene parish church, Woodstock, Oxfordshire: restoration 1878
Trinity College, Cambridge Bishop's Hostel additions 1878
St. Nicholas' parish church, Heythrop, Oxfordshire, 1880
St John the Evangelist's Church, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex (1881; partly destroyed by bombing in 1943 and rebuilt by Harry Stuart Goodhart-Rendel)
Selwyn College, Cambridge, 1882
Chester Cathedral restoration and additions, 1882
St Andrew's Church, Worthing, West Sussex (1882)
St Luke's Church, Queen's Park, Brighton, Sussex, 1882-85
Charterhouse School, the Great Hall 1884
Wellington College, Berkshire: chapel apse and dormitories, 1886
St. Alban's Anglican Church, Copenhagen, Denmark
St Germanus's parish church, Faulkbourne, Essex, 1886
St. Andrew's parish church, Leytonstone, Essex 1886-93
St Mary's Church, Walmer, Kent, 1887
Minster Church of St Denys, Warminster, Wiltshire, rebuilding 1887-89
St Mary's Church, Rostherne, Cheshire, 1888
St. Mark's parish church, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, 1889
Bancroft's School, Woodford Green, Essex, 1889.
Eton College, Buckinghamshire: Lower Chapel and Queen's Schools, 1889-91
Oxford House, Bethnal Green, London, 1891
St. Mary's parish church, Liss, Hampshire 1892
Magdalen College School, Oxford, 1893-94
West Sussex County Asylum, Chichester, West Sussex, 1894-7
The Catholic Church of Our Lady and St Edward the Confessor, Lyndhurst, Hants, 1894–96
Epsom College Chapel, Surrey 1895
St Mary's Church, Swansea, Glamorgan, 1896
St Michael's Church, Macclesfield, Cheshire, New Nave and Aisles, 1898-1901
Wellington College, Berkshire: chapel aisles, 1899
St. Saviour's Church of Ireland parish church, Coolgreaney Road, Arklow, County Wicklow, 1899
St John the Evangelist's Church, Preston Village, Brighton, Sussex, 1901
St. Michael's parish church, Abbey Wood, Kent, 1907 ...'