|All taxonomy terms||Title||All taxonomy terms|
|A Diss||117-119 Maldon Road (north-west side)||
Pair of semi-detached houses. Red brick. Slate roofs. Two substantial rectangular bays rising to attic height to create in effect a third storey additionally lit by a large dormer window between the two. Bays topped by pitched roofs. Dated 1899. Initials AD for A Diss on front wall.
Probably ERO D/B 6 Pb3/1359, 1899, A. Diss (owner and architect) [Not checked]
|Maldon Road north-west|
|G Dobson||25-31 Long Wyre Street (west side)||
(Jaggers' list) [JB] Retained facade and front part of commercial premises, originally for the Co-Operative Society. Red brick with painted stucco dressings. Three storeys. Five bays, of which the outer bays are emphasised by quoins and have within them four-bay windows rising to triangular pediments. The centre bay contains a two-storey canted oriel, flanked by Ionic columns at second-floor level, and has a segmental pediment. Inscription 'Founded 1861' referring to the Colchester Co-Operative Society. Dentilled cornice. First-floor windows of Venetian type. [JB] Opened in 1905. ERO D/B 6 Pb3/1984, 1904, plan of shop, LONG WYRE Street, Colchester Co-operative Society (owner), Goodey and Cressall (architects), G. Dobson (builder) (not checked).
[Postcard of 1905 with kind permission of J Jephcott.]
|Long Wyre Street west|
|L J Watts||26-30 Creffield Road (south side)||
Includes 21 Oxford Road (east side).
|Creffield Road south|
|G Lee||3 Oxford Road (west side)||
[JB] House, 1878, by George Lee (builder). White brick. Two storeys, with polygonal turret in the middle of the entrance front.
|Oxford Road west|
|G Lee||2a (Creffield House) Oxford Road Colchester CO3 3HW||
Substantial late Victorian house in white brick. Restrained design compared with its neighbours to the south. Double bays of full height. Some external changes. Windows probably not original. c 1880.
Probably ERO D/B 6 Pb2/111, 1878, Mr. Lee (owner), G. Lee (architect and builder). Needs to be checked since this might be No 6.]
|Oxford Road east|
|G Farran||1 St Botolph's Street (west side)||
ERO holds: D/DJ 2/19/16 - 'Sale catalogue of commercial properties in ColcheSTer - Double fronted corner shop, 1 ST. BOTOLPH'S STreet, three lock-up shops, 1-3 Short Wyre Street, large shop with warehouses, 3 ST. BOTOLPH'S Street and Vineyard Street, large corner shop and lock up shop with residence above, and three-Storey warehouses, 4 ST. BOTOLPH'S Street and Vineyard Street, two shops 42-43 ST. BOTOLPH'S Street ...' (1919)
[In 1909, no 1 was the premises of Alderton Bros, Boot Merchants.]
|St Botolph's Street west|